Friends, we’re SO excited to share the BEST 1:1 gluten-free flour blend recipe with you! It’s our perfected SECRET formula we began selling last year after countless rounds of testing.
It got rave reviews (!!), but with a worldwide audience and considerable accessibility challenges, it wasn’t available to all. So we decided to scrap the middleman and connect you straight to the source, i.e., the recipe!
Here it is: our (top-secret, absolutely perfect) 1:1 Gluten-Free Flour Blend that you can now make at home!
What’s in our Gluten-Free Flour Blend?
- Brown rice flour – a pleasant + nutty-flavored, light yet stable whole grain base that makes up the majority of the blend
- Potato starch – a light and fluffy starch that prevents baked goods from being too dense
- White rice flour – a neutral-flavored flour that helps bulk up the blend
- Cassava flour – a mild-flavored, absorbent flour that helps make up for the structure the other flours lack
- Tapioca flour – to help mimic the stretchiness of gluten
- Xanthan gum – another ingredient that effectively mimicks the texture of gluten, providing stretchiness and binding
Learn more about the various types of gluten-free flours and when to use them here and in the video below.
What You’ve Said About our 1:1 GF Flour Blend
This is by far the best gluten free vegan flour blend I have tried and I’ve tried a lot of them. I’ve had great success using it especially in recipes provided by the Minimalist Baker!— Stacey C.
It’s not easy finding a gf flour that replaces an all purpose flour. Sooo happy I finally found one at Minimalist Baker! Thank you!!!— Jessica S.
I have made several baked goods (Chocolate pudding cake, muffins, chocolate chip cookies, etc.) with the flour mix. All have turned out delicious and pretty. This is the very best mix I have used, whether purchased or home-made!!— Barbara V.
The BEST GF flour blend (that’s also vegan!) I haven’t had this much, consistent, success with baked goods ever! All three recipes I made, (including a pie crust!!) came out perfect. No one knew they were GF, and some thought I bought them at [a] bakery.— Max A.
We can’t wait for you to try this blend! It’s:
Easy to make
& An effective 1:1 replacement for all-purpose flour!
How to Use It
It works well in almost any recipe that calls for all-purpose flour, including cookies, quick breads, pie crust, cakes, brownies, muffins, flatbread, and crackers, as a breading, and more! Find 20+ recipes we’ve tested using our 1:1 gluten-free flour blend here.
Best 1:1 Gluten-Free Flour Blend (Our Secret Recipe!)
- 1 ¼ cup brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch (NOT potato flour)
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch)
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Transfer to a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid (or other sealable container) and store in a cool, dry place for up to 3-6 months. Alternatively, store in the refrigerator or freezer to preserve freshness and keep for longer, up to 1 year.
*If you’re finding your GF blend is less absorbent than all-purpose flour (baked goods are too wet or dense or cookies spread too much), try adding a little more (~1-2 Tbsp) brown rice flour or cassava flour. If you’re finding your blend is more absorbent than all-purpose flour (baked goods are too dry or brittle), add slightly less brown rice flour or cassava flour the next time you make it.
*We used the “scoop and level” method to measure the flours. You can also use a scale and measure in grams. Click “Metric” under the Ingredients header above to see the weight measurements.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.