What started as a copycat Crunchwrap recipe turned into the ULTIMATE vegan burrito (and we’re not mad about it!). We left the fancy folding to the pros and focused on the flavors — and the result is even better!
These real-deal burritos are crunchy yet soft, fresh yet creamy, MEGA flavorful, and will bring you right back to your favorite drive-through moments. Just 10 ingredients and 30 minutes stand in your way. Let’s make burritos, friends!
These MIGHTY burritos begin with a smoky tofu taco “meat” made by seasoning crumbled tofu with our DIY taco seasoning (or using store-bought taco seasoning for ease!). The result is SO flavorful and protein-packed!
Then we gather the remaining components: a creamy white bean queso, crunchy tortilla chips (to make it like a Crunchwrap!), vibrant guacamole, and fresh veggies.
With our ingredients at the ready, it’s time to LAYER!
The final step is to seal in all the goodies, and you’ve got burritos that pack in protein, fiber, and healthy fats but taste like fast food in all the best ways! It’s sorcery.
We can’t WAIT for you to try this EPIC vegan burrito! It’s:
Soft yet crunchy
& SO delicious!
This burrito is MIGHTY and protein-packed, making it perfect for refueling after a sweaty workout or for any time that HANGRY feeling strikes! Or invite some friends, blend up Fresh Strawberry Margaritas, and reminisce about the good old drive-through days!
The components (tofu taco meat + queso) would also be perfect for prepping in advance for making quick lunches or dinners throughout the week.
More Vegan Comfort Food Recipes
- The Best Vegan Gluten-Free Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- Vegan Biscuits and Gravy
- Easy Vegan “Tuna” Melt
- Vegan “Fish” and Chips
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
The Ultimate Vegan Burrito (Crunchwrap-Inspired!)
TOFU TACO MEAT
- 1 large avocado (1 large avocado is ~226g with the pit)
- 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- If not already made, prepare your Creamy White Bean Queso (or use store-bought).
- TOFU TACO MEAT: Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and crumble the tofu into it. Add the taco seasoning and stir to coat. Add the water and cook until all the liquid has been absorbed — about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust, adding more taco seasoning if desired. Set aside.
- QUICK GUACAMOLE: Add the avocado to a small mixing bowl with lime and salt. Mash to fully combine, making it smooth or chunky depending on your preference. Set aside.
- VEGGIES: Chop the lettuce and tomato and leave them on your cutting board until you are ready to assemble.
- BURRITO: To assemble your burrito, heat the tortillas in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 10-15 seconds on each side until pliable. Place a tortilla on a plate or cutting board and place 2-3 Tbsp of queso in the center of it. Top the queso with ~1/2 cup of tofu taco meat, ~2 Tbsp of guacamole, a few Tbsp of chopped tomato, a handful of broken (crushed) chips, and ~1/2 cup of lettuce. To fold the burrito, fold the bottom edge upward to meet the top half. Pull the tortilla back, tucking in the fillings. Fold the left and right edges of the tortilla up and over to look like an unsealed envelope. Finally, roll until you have a perfect burrito.
- OPTIONAL: Place a teaspoon of oil into a skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Place the burrito into the frying pan folded side down and cook for 1-2 minutes until golden. Gently flip and repeat on the other side.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make all of the burritos.
- Enjoy immediately! Tofu taco meat and queso can be stored separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with Homemade Taco Seasoning and Cassava Flour Tortillas and without optional ingredients.
*Inspired by Pinch of Yum’s Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme.