We have a NEW comforting, protein- and fiber-packed dish for your weekly meal plan! This creamy, garlicky skillet meal features white beans, burst cherry tomatoes, and greens cooked in a flavorful cashew cream sauce. Ready in 25 minutes with just 10 ingredients, it’s cozy weeknight perfection!
This EASY, flavorful recipe starts with a base of sautéed shallot, cherry tomatoes, garlic, red pepper flakes, and sea salt. The mixture cooks down with white wine for flavor and the tomatoes burst open, becoming saucy and sweet.
Next, we add white beans for protein and fiber (15 grams protein + 11 grams fiber per serving) and continue cooking so the beans soak up the flavors of the sauce. Once the mixture has thickened, cashew cream is added to lend its creamy goodness!
After a few more minutes, the thick, saucy, creamy mixture is ready for a boost of GREENS and herby fresh basil.
We hope you LOVE this Italian white bean skillet meal! It’s:
Quick & easy
& SO delicious!
This dish has become an absolute favorite in our kitchens and we can’t wait for you to try it! It’s the perfect weeknight meal paired with pasta or toasted crusty bread! Or if you’re craving more greens or protein, it pairs well with our Garlicky Sautéed Greens, Crispy Baked Tofu with Italian Herbs, or Pesto “Parmesan” Turkey Meatballs.
More White Bean Recipes
- Cheesy Vegan Pizza Beans (30 Minutes!)
- 1-Pot Vegan White Bean Soup
- Lemon and Herb White Bean Dip
- Thyme & White Bean Pot Pies
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Creamy Italian White Bean Skillet Meal (25 Minutes!)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 ¼ cup water (plus more for soaking cashews)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced (1 shallot yields ~40 g or 1/4 cup)
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, left whole
- 4-5 medium cloves garlic, thinly sliced (4-5 cloves garlic yield ~2 ½ Tbsp or 30g)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (we like a lighter white like Sauvignon Blanc // or sub water)
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans, drained and rinsed (we used cannellini // or sub ~3 cups homemade)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- SOAK CASHEWS: Add the cashews to a heatproof bowl and cover with hot water by at least 1-2 inches. Let them soak for ~15 minutes while you get started on the rest of your ingredients.
- Heat a large rimmed skillet over medium heat. Once warmed, add the olive oil and minced shallot. Sauté for ~2-3 minutes until the shallot is translucent.
- Add the whole cherry tomatoes, sliced garlic, red pepper flakes (optional), and sea salt. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the white wine (or water) and increase to medium-high heat. Cover the pan and let the tomatoes cook for 5-8 minutes. At this point, the skins on the tomatoes should have blistered. Remove the lid and turn the heat back down to medium. Use the back of your spoon or spatula to smash the tomatoes.
- Add the drained and rinsed white beans and stir, letting them sauté (uncovered) with the tomatoes until most of the liquid has evaporated — about 5 minutes.
- CASHEW CREAM: Meanwhile, drain the cashews and add them to a high-speed blender with the water. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Once the liquid has reduced from your tomatoes and beans, add the cashew cream and cook, stirring occasionally, until it’s a thick, saucy consistency.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the baby spinach and basil. Let it wilt before serving over pasta or with a side of crusty bread (both optional)! Garnish with an optional sprinkling of vegan parmesan and black pepper! Enjoy hot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.